Art and Garden Tour of New Orleans for 4 with PVAC Executive Director Joe Baker
ESTIMATED VALUE: $7,000
- Four days, three nights at Hotel Monteleone, historic four-star luxury hotel in the heart of the French Quarter since 1886, featuring the world famous Carousel Bar.
- Dining at Galatoire’s with Executive Chef Michael Sichel preparing his James Beard Award-winning signature dishes. Michael’s prior associations include Traci des Jardins in San Francisco and Gotham Bar & Grill in New York.
- Private tour led by PVAC Executive Director Joe Baker, former Executive Director of Longue Vue House and Gardens, of the historic estate of Edith and Edgar Stern featuring gardens by Ellen Biddle Shipman. The Stern’s were at the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement. President and Mrs. Kennedy and Eleanor Roosevelt were frequent guests.
- Tours of some of New Orleans’ finest private gardens led by Pam Hayne, sustaining member of the historic New Orleans Garden Club.
- Private tour of Studio Inferno with founder Mitchell Gaudet located in Arabi at the forefront of a new bohemia in New Orleans.
- Cocktails at the residence of artist and designer, Mario Villa, in the Garden District, described by the New York Times as “an exuberant fellow who with a few gold swags could probably transform a 7-Eleven into a nightclub.”
- Day trip to the Ocean Springs, Mississippi, studio art pottery, on the Mississippi sound with cocktails at a historic property fronting the Gulf in Pass Christian, MS.
Private Estate Vacation in Kauwai, Hawaii for 10ESTIMATED VALUE: $35,000
Five days and four nights at an exclusive privately owned estate in a gated compound of only 7 vacation villas located on the bluffs of the North Shore of the island of Kauwai offers unimagined luxury and privacy for 10.
- Main house of handcrafted wood contains an exotic art collection and luxury appointments, 3 bedrooms, pool and outdoor amenities. The nearby guest house is equipped with a full kitchen.